Hi everyone, I know this is completely unrelated to Naruto, but if any of you could help me it would be absolutely awesome. I’m currently a senior at UPenn going on to Med School next year, and my last paper for college is for a class called cyberculture. I decided to do mine on something I call “anime identity” where I try to argue that the idea of a loner, secluded anime fan is outdated, and that instead it is a very rich, diverse community. If any of you are interested in participating for this paper, either comment here or e-mail me at email@example.com
1. What does the word Otaku mean to you?
2. What draws you to anime?
3. What do you feel is the biggest misconception towards anime fans and anime in general?
4. (Only for Fanfiction authors) What do you gain from writing fanfiction and why do you do it?
5. (Only for Fansubbers) Why do you do fansubs?
6. Favorite anime quote and why?
7. What is your relationship to the people in communities such as this forum?
8. Age (Optional)?
9. Nationality (Optional)?
Thank you so much. Again firstname.lastname@example.org