Bleach 430 – The Awesomeness Has Returned
*wakes up from midday nap*
Awesooooome! Repeat after me The Miz-style. “AWESOME!” Finally Bleach has stopped being a total douche bully and decided to spare our asses from the impact of its shoes. In other words it didn’t kick our asses this week. Anyhoo, no more rhymes for you. Now prepare, I’m about to tell my tragic tale so the squeamish beware, last week I was trapped in a dare, which forced me to rhyme until it was officially my 18th year. I Christmastized it just so I don’t have to do another Christmas themed one later.
Since I didn’t give you an Amv last week, this week you get four!
*gets a phone call*
Wait, I’m being told that four no longer comes after one. When did the numerical system change on me? Was my brain in a Bleach-induced coma that long? BAH! Well here are your TWO Amvs (these are my two favorite Bleach ones).
So there you go. A Szayelerrific AMV and a Ichigrimmtastic one!
This chapter was packed with lols and some story progression. I saw no wasted panels, there was no filler and the pacing wouldn’t lose a race to a slug this week. Overall this chapter was a good one, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Now let’s get to it shall we?
The chapter starts at Orihime’s room where she’s thinking about her “encounter” with Ichigo in his room last week ;). So she’s basically thinking about how she only wanted to stop by and say “Hi” for a minute only to end up in Ichigo’s room having hot se- I mean having hot bread talk with him. Yep, Ichigo gave her a long piece of bread to take home. Anyway her very insightful thoughts get interrupted by the worst ring tone in history. She picks it up and sees its Uryu calling her.
Then we head back to the Kurosaki house to see Karin ask Yuzu where’s Ichigo, to which Yuzu says “Upstairs”. So Karin and Yuzu are doing what girls do when they’re alone. No, not plan how to take over the world and cut off all men’s lower horn (Futurama FTEW). They’re talking about how perverted boys are- well, Karin is talking about that and Yuzu seems to be thinking about how much she wants strawberries in her mouth :P. Karin calls her out on it and says Ichigo isn’t into that sorta thing. Yuzu then does the quickest Shunpo seen in this manga so far and runs away screaming she wasn’t thinking that, yeah right ;). Now Kisu’s twisted mind says her thoughts on Ichigo actually make sense based on what we’ve seen:
1. She showed Ichigo her new uniform before anyone else.
2. She showed Ichigo her test score before anyone else, seeking his approval above all else.
3. This kid needs therapy. 🙂
Anyway, Karin sees Ichigo heading out and tries to stop him but he was probably so lost in thought he didn’t hear her. He dashes to the hospital Uryu is at because he got a phone call as well. He’s surprised to see Orihime there and asks where where Chad was. Apparently we haven’t seen him yet because he’s busy with his new job. So Uryu starts being a total douche (but he does it right unlike a certain Uchiha) when Ryuken shows up and shuts him up epically. Isshin owns with fits, Ryuken owns with words XD! Ryuken tells them he was the one that called them there, probably to be there for Uryu.
So, much talking aside, Ichigo and Orihime are about to leave when Ryuken tells him he’ll take her home in his car. After Ichigo leaves Ryuken then tells Orihime why he wanted Ichigo gone. He tells her that whoever attacked Uryu was neither Hollow nor Shinigami, but was human, a human with abilities like Chad and herself. Uryu is also a human with spiritual abilities, so Ryuken deduces that whoever came after him is likely to target she and Chad next.
We then go back to Ichigo. Feeling powerless he finally decides to call the number on the card Ginjou Kuugo gave him. Apparently the receptionist has been expecting him O_O. Tune in next week
1. The movement enhancer Uryu’s attacker used must be something similar to Chad’s speed boost. It couldn’t have been Hirenkyaku or Uryu would’ve promptly noticed that. Chad’s speed isn’t Sonido or anything named, it just showed up with his power boost and he used the speed to completely overwhelm Gantenbainne (the Privaron Espada with the red Afro).
2. What could’ve caused a human to get these powers? The explanation that Sado and Orihime got their powers from Ichigo’s leaking Reiatsu has been retconned to the Hogyouku giving them powers because they wished they could help our favorite strawberry. Last time I checked Aizen has the Hogyouku and he’s in Avici right now. The only explanation is Urahara exposed them to the Hogyouku in the 90+ years between his banishment and Aizen pulling the Hogyouku out of Rukia. Whatever, I’m just hoping that Kubo doesn’t make someone invent another Hogyouku.
3. Congratulations Anime. You reached episode 300! That’s even more than DBZ!