The Mystery Of Uchiha Madara…or is it Tobi…?
Picture by Sangar5729
Hey WRA, this subject has been on mind for far to long now so I thought it’d be a good idea to jot everything down in this post so everyone else can take a look at my scrambled thoughts (at your own risk). This is a small discussion post about the identity of Uchiha Madara! I’m just throwing out all the ideas I have on who Uchiha Madara could be and why. I incorporated some percentages and my own point scale so that you all can see who I think has the highest possibility of being Madara. These percentages are opinion based only and is far from official mind you. I’ve had this idea for awhile and I hope this can entice a few comments on who is the man behind the mask before Kishi reveals it to us, whenever that is. >_>
Before we review the prospects though we have to understand the subject of discussion, so here are key notes about the character “Uchiha Madara”. The character we see portraying himself as Uchiha Madara in the present, not the Uchiha Madara of the past.
1.) Change of appearances:
A. 16 years ago, the time of the Kyubi attack, he wore the decorated mask and had the short Obito-like (you gotta admit it’s Obito-like) hair. Along with a pair of young looking arms.
B. 7 years later came the Uchiha Massacre and he rocked the Super Saiyan 3 long hair. The same hair Uchiha Madara had in the days he was known as alive and well. He also had the same decorated mask he wore at the Kyubi attack.
C. 9 years after the Uchiha Massacre we find he now dons a regular orange mask and has reverted back to his short Obito-like hair stlyle. When the mask was partly removed he was shown to have lines on the side of his face.
2.) His Sharingan:
A. Sharingan in the right eye.
B. We have never seen him turn it on or off.
C. We have never seen him activate MS or EMS.
3.) Miscellaneous Information:
B. Very advanced Space/Time jutsu
C. Typical badguy ambition of wanting to take over the world.
D. Wants to achieve the Perfect Body.
E. Questionable right arm.
F. Former Mizukage of Kirigakure.
G. Vast knowledge on Konoha, the Uchiha Clan, the Senju Clan, Rikudou Senin, and… Madara.
H. Familiar with the Kyubi and vice-versa.
And that’s Madara in a nutshell! We know so much but yet so little… Now moving on to the more interesting part of the post. The prospects!
Picture by Xivk
Uchiha Shisui: The man Itachi looked up to and saw as an elder brother, and his closest friend.
1. Body of Uchiha Shisui was found drowned in Nakano River and reviewed by the Uchiha police force with their Sharingans. Ah, but wouldn’t that be evidence against Shisui for being the Madara persona? It was at first until this ability was revealed to us.
Connection? Did they really find Shisui’s body in that river? White Zetsu can make perfect clones and we don’t know how long Zetsu has been by Madara’s side. +25%
2. Shisui is missing an arm and an eye, both taken by Danzo for the record. Madara has a only been shown to have 1 eye and remember that suspicious right arm of his? Like a prosthetic. +20%
3. Kisame recognized Tobi/Madara as the Mizukage. Evidence shows the 4th Mizukage was being “controlled” (key word) by somebody. Kisame could have been calling Madara the “Mizukage” because he might as well have been since he was running everything behind the scenes. Shisui’s Sharingan was very special in that it could implant thoughts into an unsuspecting mind and control that person without notice. With Danzo dead, thus he can’t be Madara, that only leaves Shisui left with such a power. +35%
4. Shisui fought Ao at one point, a ninja of the Hidden Mist Village where the Mizukage reigns, giving more evidence to Shisui’s involvement in that location. +15%
5. Shissui was Itachi’s best friend and it’s strange how Itachi was, conveniently, the only one who knew “Madara” was still alive. Funny enough, when Sasuke directly asked if Itachi killed Shisui this is what he had to say. +5 %
1. If Shisui never died how did Danzo come to acquire his arm and eye? -10%
2. If Shisui’s right eye was stolen and he’s Madara why does Madara still have his right eye? Truthfully, it never said Danzo stole Shisui’s right eye but if he instead stole Shisui’s left eye why would he implant it in his right eye socket? Seems unnecessary to me. If he wanted to implant a Sharingan into his right eye socket I see no reason why Danzo would not just take Shisui’s right eye… -30%
3. Itachi heavily implied he killed Shisui and there’s not really another explanation for Itachi receiving the MS. -20%
4. Madara seemed interested in Shisui’s eye from an unattached point of view. Not like he was trying to get his eye back. -10%
5. How would the Kyubi recognize Shisui? -5%
6. Hair…yep the hair. -5%
7. As an Uchiha why hasn’t Shisui, if he is Madara, been shown to turn off the Sharingan at least once? -5%
Overall Chance of Uchiha Shisui Being Madara: 15%
My thoughts: Shisui Uchiha is not Uchiha Madara. Just an accomplice who helped Madara control the 4th Mizukage. Possibly the reason why Itachi killed him.
Picture by Adsontaicho
Danzo: One of the key officials involved in the Uchiha Massacre and had Shisui’s Sharingan in his right eye.
1. He had Shisui’s- ah who am I kidding the bastards dead. ~_~ -100%
Overall Chance of Danzo Being Madara: -100%
My thoughts: The bastards dead…but he was definitely involved with Uchiha Madara. Maybe he was the one helping Madara control the 4th Mizukage but he could hardly use Shisui’s eye any time he wanted…
Picture by Gorachi
Obito: Kakashi’s old friend presumed dead but body never shown to be recovered.
1. At the time of the Kyubi attack Obito would have been 14 years old. Presumed dead for an entire year. The man shown to kidnap Naruto was hinted at to be very young from the looks of his arms and had a very similar hair style to that of Obito. +10%
2. Obito’s right side was crushed. Explaining the lines (scarring?) on the right side of Madara’s face? Explaining his suspicious right arm? +20%
3. Slight foreshadowing by Kishi? +5%
4. Madara’s Space/Time Jutsu is the exact opposite of Kakashi’s MS ability. While Madara can warp himself and those he touches freely and with little effort Kakashi can warp other objects and people with greater effort. Obito is an Uchiha, Kakashi is not. Kakashi took Obito’s left eye, Madara now wears a mask covering his left eye. His right eye is a Sharingan. +40%
5. Madara’s childish personality A.K.A Tobi could be explained with Obito’s involvement. Of course there’s the resemblance of names too. +15%
6. The hair…yep the hair. +10%
1. In 1 year what would change Obito so much to attack Minato’s wife and his own village? -30%
2. If Obito’s right side was crushed what about his right leg? There has been nothing suspicious shown about it thus far. -10%
3. That “foreshadowing” could have just been…Madara looking at Kakashi… -20%
4. It’s not confirmed Madara is using his Sharingan for the Space/Time jutsu. If he is using a Sharingan ability wouldn’t he at least have to activate MS, which we have never seen him use, to use such an ability? -10%
5. Madara could just be acting like a child at first to fool those around him. -5%
6. If it is Obitio, an Uchiha, then why hasn’t Madara been shown to turn off his Sharingan? -5%
7. At age 14 and with his personality, I don’t believe Obito could have the knowledge and history that Madara has been shown to know. -10%
8. Recognition. Would the Kyubi recognize Obito? -5%
Overall Chance of Uchiha Obito Being Madara: 5%
My thoughts: The only way Obito could be Madara is if Madara took over Obito’s body and reconstructed him with Zetsu’s help. Obito’s Sharingan is most likely connected with Madara so if Obito isn’t Madara he’d at least have some connection with him. That being Madara took his right Sharingan.
Note: *secretly hopes it’s Obito’s Sharingan*
Picture by Pokefreak
Uchiha Madara: The man portraying himself as Uchiha Madara could actually be Uchiha Madara.
1. Knowledge. He knows so much about the past and everything related to the Senju and Uchiha it’s as if he was there at the beginning. He also knows to-secret information only a few should know. +25%
2. Kisame recognizes the man playing Tobi as “Madara” and not anyone else. +25%
3. Notable ninja such as Itachi, Jiraiya, and Danzo have all confirmed their thoughts on Uchiha Madara being alive. +15%
4. Uchiha Madara was “killed” at the Valley of End. Again, more evidence that should be against the prospect but that is until we learned about this.
Izanagi can easily fake a death and it would explain why Madara may have one eye. Madara did know so much about the technique after all. +15%
5. Recognition. If Madara is Madara then that would explain the Kyubi’s recognition of him. Madara used him before in the fight against Hashirama. +20%
1. Anyone who studied the past extensively enough could be that knowledgeable. Though, this doesn’t explain how they would know the top-secret material Madara has blurted out. -5%
2. While Kisame has hinted at Madara playing Tobi. Others have hinted at Tobi playing Madara. -25%
3. The coffin. What’s in it that has Madara so riled up? If he’s Uchiha Madara nothing less than the appearance of the Rikudou Sennin should have him shaken. Is it Uchiha Madara’s real body? -25%
4. Jiraya, Danzo, Itachi. They simply could have been wrong. -10%
5. Little to no evidence that Madara even had Izanagi. -5%
6. Madara is yet another Uchiha. Again, if it’s truly him then why hasn’t Madara’s Sharingan ever been shown turned off? -5%
7. Going even further than that, Uchiha Madara had the EMS. If Madara is still alive then why haven’t we even seen at least the MS behind that mask? -10%
Overall Chance of Uchiha Madara being Uchiha Madara: 15%
My thoughts: From the looks of it Uchiha Madara could very well be playing himself. He’s doing the role well enough but what gets me is that we’ve never seen anything higher than a 3-tomoe Sharingan and Madara was known to achieve the highest level of the Sharingan, EMS. Plus, that coffin bit has me suspicious.
Tobi: The son of Hashirama Senju and Mito Uzumaki.
1. Name. Hashirama’s little brother was named Tobirama. Tobi is a shortened version of that. +5%
2. Senju and Uzumaki blood would be flowing through his veins. Explaining how he could live for so long and not look or move like most men his age. He’d probably be around the Sandaime’s age at this point. +15%
3. At such an advanced age and privileged position he’d know a lot about the history of the Senju, Uzumaki, and Uchiha clans. +15%
4. With Hashirama’s blood and DNA flowing through him it would also explain why he could use the Sharingan efficiently and not feel the major drain a non-Uchiha should experience. +15%
5. As a non-Uchiha, explains why he may not be able to turn off the Sharingan. +10%
6. The swirly orange mask. Resembles the Uzumaki’s symbol but it flows in the opposite direction perhaps symbolizing the corruption he’s brought to the symbol or his opposition to everything they stand for. It also merges with the Sharingan on his right eye symbolizing what?
Does he need the combined powers of the Senju, Uzumaki, and Uchiha to become the host of the Juubi? The Senin had everything his two sons had to become the first Jinchuuirki so would Tobi want the same? +15%
7. Whiskers. What if those weren’t simply scars or lines of age? If we recall, Mito was a Jinchuuriki when she gave birth. Naruto Uzumaki came out of the womb with whiskers on his face before being implanted with the Kyubi. What physical feature would Mito’s child come out of the womb with? Something different from Naruto or the same? +15%
8. Recognition. If the Kyubi shared the womb of Mito Uzumaki with Tobi for 10 months wouldn’t the Kyubi recognize him? Plus, after the birth Tobi would have been around his mother Jincuuriki for a number of years before the Kyubi was transferred to Kushina. +10%
1. The majority of the evidence is pure speculation. -50%
2. We don’t know if Hashirama and Mito had a boy or a girl. -10%
3. He didn’t always have the swirly orange mask. -15%
4. We know nothing of “Tobi’s” appearance so it’s no telling what he’d look like. -20%
Chances of Tobi being Uchiah Madara: 5%
My thoughts: I’m leaning in this direction but again, it’s mostly speculation. Why would Hashirama’s son hate him so much he’d betray him and the village of Konoha? My only thoughts to this is Mito had an affair with Uchiha Madara and the child is actually the son of Madara and Mito. Don’t look into that…
Prospects #6 and Up:
The Unknowns: Anybody left over that we hardly know anything about but could be cheaply stamped in their as Uchiha Madara.
Madara’s little brother, Uchiha Izuna.
Danzo’s former teammate, Uchiha Kagami.
Itachi and Sasuke’s father, Uchiha Fugaku.
and last but not least,
There you have it, my scrambled thoughts on who could be Uchiha Madara. No prospect is perfect and there are holes to every case. If anyone would like to add their thoughts feel free and as the manga goes along we’ll see what adds up and what doesn’t. If Uchiha Madara is two people I will shoot somebody. Laterz. 😉
Oh, and just because I love the video oh so much. 😄